Antique Colonial Vacation Home Rental
The Caleb Beal House is an ideal location to stay if you are visiting Boston, Cape Cod or touring New England.
Caleb Beal Vacation Home
Enjoy the ambiance of this antique house, cheerful and comfortable with fresh crisp linens and hard wood floors throughout. There is a cosy screened porch overlooking a small garden area; a wonderful way to relax on your New England vacation.
The house is downtown and mostly everything is within walking distance. The harbour, bobbing with small sailing vessels and a small town beach are at the end of the street.
Hingham is a beautiful New England town with all the amenities you love including lovely restaurants, cafes and local shops and stores.
Hingham Square has an “Old World” feeling. The village setting hearkens back to a simpler, less hectic time.
Caleb Beal built the house in 1832. We are still investigating his life but we believe he was a sea captain. The house was built as a single or double residence and was rented to visiting sea captains at this time. Hingham harbour was busy with trade and numerous sailing ships in the 1800s.
Hingham is a historical town for many reasons: this a real New England home town. It is also notably where the early Pilgrims settled, land of the Mattakeesett Indians and was also home to the Lincoln family.
Proximity to Boston brings easy access to the beauty and history of New England.
- Historically a double residence, street address #25 and #27.
- The 3-bedroom guest accommodation is closest to the drive-way on the left, with separate garden and private entryways to the rear of #27 (as shown in the photos).
- Owners live at #25 (We are available for assistance if needed during your stay)
- Hingham is situated on the South Shore
- Boston is 17 miles to the north
- Plymouth 21 miles to the south
- Logan airport is about 30 minutes car